Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My College Life - Part 1

This part of my life is picking a college in Anna University counseling. It was 5th day of counseling at National Institute of Technology in Trichy. Me and My father pay the 5000 rupees in the counter and went inside the counseling hall. My rank was 7420. 7421 was a girl. Her father was sitting near my father. They started discussing about the colleges. Actually they don’t know about many colleges in Tamil Nadu.

We asked them what course she was going to take in the counseling. She said she is going to take computer science. I gave her a list of colleges which is suitable for computer science course. She was keenly interested in Bannari Amman and Sairam in the list. Now it’s my turn, I was sitting in front of the computer. I have to select 3 colleges. I selected Sairam- Computer science, Hindustan- Computer Science and JPR-Mechanical.

I was keen on selecting computer science, but my father forced me to take mechanical as he was a mechanical engineer. Only 3 seats are left in Sairam and 11 seats in Hindustan. I haven’t selected a college in Coimbatore because Coimbatore is filled with my relatives in every nook and corners in the city. Red light in Sairam turned green and I selected the college. After the selection we asked that girls father which college they selected. They said they have selected Bannari Amman. Oh! Just miss I thought in mind. Thus I stepped into the Sri Sairam Engineering College.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky that u have selected ur college.

Nova said...

i think u should get the course that you really want to earn, it would be much encouraging for you not for your parents, i mean they do give you facts about so many things but the question is? ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THAT?

hehehehe.. passing by and commenting here...